19 February 2014
Posted in Community Impact Report
Welcome to 2014! As I look ahead to the many possibilities of the new year, I'm compelled to also look back on the achievements of the previous 12 months. We have been busy at the Orlando Science Center and the past year saw some incredible milestones.
In 2013, the Science Center was visited by over 413,000 people – the greatest attendance since the grand opening of the "new" building in 1997. Membership households swelled to over 8,000 – a record for us, encompassing over 34,000 parents, grandparents and children.
I'm thrilled by these numbers, but the figures I’m most proud of are the 70,000 individuals who enjoyed free or reduced price experiences like summer camps, field trips, family science nights or exhibit visits – thanks to our generous Community Request Fund donors.
A new addition to this effort, the "Science for All" family membership was piloted in 2013 to reach out to struggling families by providing them with 12 months of engagement at the Science Center at a greatly reduced price. Thanks to a handful of dedicated corporate partners, 140 families have now joined the Science Center family and that number continues to grow.
- OUC AWESOME Project at Lake Como Elementary Photos
- Orlando Science Center Voted Favorite Museum for Kids
- Corrosion: The Silent Menace Exhibit Wins Award
- Member Monday: December 2013 Photos
- Teddy the Tegu Donor Event Photos 12-07-2013
- Duke Energy Sponsors STEM Field Trip Video and Photos 12-05-2013
- Welcome to Jurassic Ridge