The Science Center's exhibits don't always come to life after hours, but during Kids Night at the Museum the building will be full of energy!
Youth ages 5 to 12 years old are invited to explore exhibits, experience enhanced programming, and enjoy a pizza dinner in age-appropriate groups. They will also participate in hands-on activities, and see an interactive Live Science Show or film. Caregivers can enjoy a stress and child-free evening on the town while children have an entertaining experience of their own exploring the wonders of everything the Science Center has to offer.
Aquatic Adventures Month
Registration is open until noon on the Friday before the event unless the event sells out first.
Members / Non-Members:
$70 / $75 for the first child
$40 per sibling
Late pickup fee: $2 per minute, per child after 10:00 p.m.
Frequently Asked Questions
How will the check-in process work?
Check-in (5:30 - 6:30 p.m.)
- Event activities start at 6:00 p.m.
- Please make your way to the vestibule doors located on Level 2 of the Orlando Science Center parking garage.
- All guests entering OSC will need to take part in a health screening and will need to wear an approved face covering during the check-in process.
- Once your health screening is complete, please make your way to the next available green target located on the SkyBridge.
- A member of our Education team will confirm your reservation and the information included on your child’s registration form.
- To expedite the process, please be sure to sign all paperwork including OSC Kids Night Behavior Agreement and waivers before you begin the check in process. Blank forms will be available during the night of the event.
- Once you have been checked in, an OSC staff member escorts your child to join their group for the event.
Late Arrival (after 6:30 p.m.)
- Anyone checking in after 6:30 p.m. will need to call 407.514.2235 so a staff member can greet you at the vestibule doors for late check in.
- Health screenings will take place whenever someone needs to enter the building.
- Once inside the lobby, please check in with our Education team.
- A staff member will escort your child to their group to start the fun.
How will the check-out process work?
Pick-up is located at car loop Entrance A, located at 2315 Camden Road.
Check-out (9:30 – 10:00 p.m.)
As you enter the car loop, pull up to Entrance A and as far as possible in the first available lane to park. Bring the pick-up pass or a photo ID to staff located at Entrance A doors. Staff will release kid(s) to authorized adults only. Museum staff WILL NOT allow anyone not listed on the original registration form to pick-up a child unless specific written instructions have been provided by a caregiver to OSC in advance. For safety reasons, caregivers must walk out youths to their vehicles.
Adults presenting a photo ID in lieu of the pick-up pass for check out should anticipate a longer wait time as your authorization to pick up must be validated.
Pick-up Begins at 9:30 p.m.; times are staggered according to last name.
- 9:30 p.m. - 9:40 p.m. - Last Names beginning A-F
- 9:40 p.m. - 9:50 p.m. - Last Names beginning G-O
- 9:50 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. - Last Names beginning P-Z
$2.00 per minute/per child fee applies after 10:00 p.m.
Early Pick Up (Before 9:30 p.m.)
- Anyone picking up their child before 9:30 p.m. will need to call 407-514-2235 so a staff member can begin the check-out process.
- Please note that Kids Night participants may need a few extra minutes to wrap up their activities and gather their belongings if they are being picked up before 9:30 p.m.
How many children will be in a group?
Each Kids Night group will include a maximum of 20 children and two instructors.
What safety measures will be implemented to keep participants safe?
- All participants will be required to wear face coverings that cover the nose and mouth.
- Groups will be kept apart to keep interactions with others at a minimum.
- Participants will have regularly scheduled hand washing breaks and hand sanitizer will be available in all activity spaces.
How will the night be structured?
- Check-in hour will begin at 5:30 p.m. with programming officially starting at 6:00 p.m.
- 6:00 – 10:00 p.m. – Groups will follow a program schedule that includes a pizza dinner, exhibit time, a Live Science Show or a film. After enjoying the museum, classes will participate in a STEM challenge in their classroom until the program ends at 10:00 p.m.
What will my child need to bring?
- Face covering - must be snug fitting, secured with ties or ear loops and cover the nose and mouth.
- Comfortable, closed-toed shoes
- A water bottle (touchless bottle fillers will be available onsite)
- Comfortable, closed-toed shoes
- *Pre-packaged Dinner (if your child is not participating in the pizza dinner)
- *Snack (just in case)
- Medication (if needed)
How do I request to have my child with a friend in the same group?
If it is important for your child to be with a specific friend, please make sure to submit your friend request in your registration form. If that friend has also been registered to attend, we will make every effort to fulfill the request but it is not guaranteed.
What if I need to cancel?
Refund and Cancellation Policy: May receive an 80% refund if cancellation is made at least 2 weeks prior to the event.