Orlando Science Center knows that science can be used to understand our world, improve our lives and keep our community safe. This webpage includes trusted resources that can help you make informed decisions for you and your family.
Science Matters: Vaccines Save Lives
Vaccines are one of the most effective tools to protect your health and prevent disease. COVID-19 vaccines teach your body how to recognize and fight the COVID-19 virus.
- Do not give you COVID-19.
- Do not affect your DNA.
- Can keep you from getting seriously ill even if you do get COVID-19.
- Getting a COVID-19 vaccine is an added layer of protection against infection for yourself, your colleagues, your friends, and your family.
Help Stop Misinformation
Accurate vaccine information is critical and can help stop common myths and rumors. It can be difficult to know which sources of information you can trust. Before considering vaccine information on the Internet, check that the information comes from a credible source and is updated on a regular basis.
Learn more about: Finding Credible Vaccine Information (CDC.gov)
Vaccine Myths vs Facts: Myths and Facts about COVID-19 Vaccines (CDC.gov)
Who is Eligible?
All individuals 12 and older are eligible to receive at least one type of COVID-19 vaccine.
Who is Eligible for a Vaccine Booster Shot?
COVID-19 Vaccine booster shots are available for the following Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine recipients who completed their initial series at least 6 months ago and are:
- 65 years and older
- Age 18+ who live in long-term care settings
- Age 18+ who have underlying medical conditions
- Age 18+ who work in high-risk settings
- Age 18+ who live in high-risk settings
Find out more information about who is eligible for a vaccine booster shot here: Vaccine Booster Shot Eligibility (CDC.gov)
Where Can You Get Vaccinated?
Vaccination sites in Orange County: Coronavirus - Vaccination Sites (ocfl.net)
Orange County Government’s mobile vaccination trailer visits a different community each day to ensure COVID-19 vaccines are accessible to homebound and hard-to-reach residents. Find out where the vaccination trailer will be next. Coronavirus - I Got My Shot (ocfl.net)
Vaccination sites in Seminole County: Seminole County (seminolecountyfl.gov)
Find a vaccination site near you: Florida’s Vaccine Locator (floridahealthcovid19.gov)
Until You are Fully Vaccinated
- Keep using COVID-19 mitigation strategies: wear a mask, stay six feet apart from others, avoid crowds and poorly ventilated spaces, and wash your hands often.
- Regardless of vaccination status, you should continue to watch for COVID-19 symptoms:
- If you develop symptoms of COVID-19, you should stay away from others and be evaluated. This may include getting tested for COVID-19.
Get more information: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus
Additional Information & Resources
Face coverings are one of the best ways to prevent the spread of COVID 19.