Join us for a weekend of discovery!
Unleash your wild side and celebrate Great Outdoors Weekend with Orlando Science Center! Kick off your Spring Break on March 16 and 17 and discover all the fun you can have just by stepping outside. Meet some of Florida’s most astounding wildlife, and take part in awesome workshops. Learn about the amazing creatures in our own backyards during the movie, Backyard Wildnerness 3D, and discover one of the last wild places on Earth in our new giant-screen film, Great Bear Rainforest!
PLUS: back by popular demand – everyone’s favorite live show, Animal Inspired! Our Animal Ambassadors are the stars of this show, which will teach you about technology inspired by animal adaptations.
Here are just a few of the thrilling activities you can branch out with during Great Outdoors Weekend.
- Ladybug release – Help release ladybugs into nature! Wave goodbye to these round little insects as they fly off to help control pests in our community.
- Animal Inspired Live Show – Discover how the amazing abilities of our animal friends in NatureWorks have inspired the technology we use today.
- Perfect Plant Workshop – Choose your own plant in Dr. Dare’s Lab and learn to create the perfect soil mixture for it to thrive in. Take it all home and watch your plant grow!
- Build Your Own Bee House – Make a home for solitary bees in The Hive: A Makerspace using wood scraps and a hand drill.
- Films – Journey to the Great Bear Rainforest in the Dr. Phillips CineDome to discover the extraordinary all-white spirit bears that were once thought to be a myth. Then, look closer to home with Backyard Wilderness 3D in the Digital Adventure Theater to discover the wonders of nature in our own backyards. View showtimes.