May 28–30, 2016 | 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
It’s time to get MESSY! Orlando Science Center is ending its Messy Science Month with a splatter (of paint) at the first-ever Mess Fest!
Mess Fest will feature the gooiest, slimiest and messiest science experiments throughout Memorial Day weekend so let’s make a mess together at the Science Center!
Check out some huge messy demonstrations every hour on the SunTrust Terrace*! Then visit Dr. Dare’s Lab for a workshop on how to make your very own ice cream. Be sure not to wear your nicest clothes because it’s going to get M-E-S-S-Y!
*All activities are weather permitting.
Mess-Tivities on the Terrace
Join us on the SunTrust Terrace for huge messy demonstrations at select times! Ongoing activities will include
Ongoing activities will include:
- Squishy and slimy colorful sensory bins with silly spheres, colored rice and more!
- Big, colorful bubble-blowing!
- Making crazy-colored crayons with the solar oven and see what new colors you can create!
- Throwing colorful goop around and experimenting with chemical reaction splatter painting!
- Painting your way to the future with brush robots!
- Swinging your inner artiste with pendulum painting to make some silly shapes!
- Putting on your chef’s hat for some colorful baking soda and vinegar reactions!
Crazy KidsTown Creations
Bounce on down to KidsTown for some colorful activities!
- Get ready to shave the day with a rainbow with colorful shaving cream wall painting!
- Pretty up your attractions with some magnet painting!
- Pop some bubbles for some silly popped bubble art!
- Alumin-ate your artistic skills with some foil painting!
- And more!
Dr. Dare’s Lab
Get the scoop on how to make your very own sweet frozen treat in Dr. Dare’s Lab with our ice cream making workshop! Prepare to cone your Maker skills 🍦
Please note that Fringe Fest will also be taking place this weekend and parking in Orlando Science Center’s garage will be limited. We strongly encourage you to enjoy both Fests and recommend carpooling with friends and arriving early so you can do so!
Mess Fest is included with general admission which is $19.95 for adults, $17.95 for seniors and students, $13.95 for children ages 3–11. The event is free to Science Center members and Member Guest Passes are accepted.
Science for All – General Admission Access Program:
If you have an EBT (Electronic Benefit Transfer) card and a valid form of photo ID, please show it at the admissions desk to receive $3 admission per person for up to six individuals. This discount applies to general admission and may not be applicable for special engagement exhibits or certain events.Purchase Tickets