Limited-time Learning Labs for Grades K–8
School districts are offering virtual learning options to students, but many caregivers are unable to stay home with their children. Inspired by the success of our camp program this summer, Orlando Science Center is offering Learning Labs, a facilitated learning environment to support families with their virtual learning, including OCPS LaunchEd, Seminole Connect, Florida Virtual School and other virtual learning options.
This program will be using the same health and safety protocols we developed for our summer camp, which ran from June 1 to August 21. From 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. daily, Orlando Science Center will provide facilitated support from our staff learning coaches in pods of 16 students or less for Kindergarten to Grade 5. Participating students will be required to undergo temperature checks, wear face coverings, wash hands frequently and practice social distancing.
The Learning Labs program offers a specialized learning track for Grade K–8 students.
Included with tuition, students receive:
- Learning coaches to support virtual learning via OCPS LaunchEd, Seminole Connect, Florida Virtual School and other options.
- Individual school supplies provided for lessons
- Device accessibility through BYOD (Bring Your Own Device)
- Supervised lunch time in their learning pod
- Supervised outdoor recess in Loch Haven Park (weather permitting)
Also available for additional fees:
- Early drop off starting at 7:30 a.m. until 8:30 a.m.
- Use of Orlando Science Center student computer (if students can’t bring their own device)
- Afterschool care including STEM enrichment from 3:00 p.m. until 6:00 pm.
Early & Late Care
Early Care is available from 7:30 - 8:30 a.m.
Late Care is available from 3:00 - 6:00 p.m. and includes STEM enrichment activities
Early Care Only
Late Care Only
Early & Late Care
To register, call our Reservations Department at 407.514.2112.
Virtual and LaunchED Learning Lab Schedule:
- 7:30 - 8:30 a.m. – Early Care is available for an additional fee.
- 8:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. – Students will follow their school’s virtual or LaunchED learning schedule, engage in STEM activities upon lesson completion, lunch, and recess.
- 3:00 - 6:00 p.m. – STEM enrichment and Late Care is available for an additional fee. Students joining us for aftercare will engage in hands-on collaborative STEM activities with topics ranging from 3D modeling to movie making to space and beyond.
What People Are Saying – From Camp Surveys and Social Media
"Very very impressed with check-in process. Felt like my child was in a safe environment!"
"You guys have done an amazing job keeping all of the kids and families safe. I was nervous to drop him off for his very first camp experience under these conditions, but you can really see the care and effort you have put into making this not just a fun and valuable experience, but a safe one as well!"
"We have done several weeks of camp here, and feel like the SC has done a top notch job protecting our children's health during these unprecedented times with Covid-19. Thanks for your hard work to make it as safe as possible!"
"Thank you, thank you! Our son has a renewed pep in his step and was so joyous about every aspect of the camp. He even asked that I pick him up later and enroll him at Science Center camps every summer! We are so grateful to everyone that makes the camps possible and look forward to joining you all again soon."
Refund and Cancellation Policy:
Cancellations made by participants within two weeks of the scheduled event or no-shows will forfeit any refund. A refund will only be issued to cancellations processed two weeks prior to the scheduled event. A 20% processing fee is deducted from all refunds.