Build curiosity through technology & engineering!
With generous support from FINFROCK, Orlando Science Center is promoting awareness and appreciation for the wonders of technology and engineering throughout the month of February. Over the 21st century, many advancements and rapid evolutions within technology and engineering have gone hand-in-hand. The diverse fields that have emerged from within technology and engineering are helping solve our world’s greatest challenges. From the products we use to improving our essential needs like housing, energy, healthcare, food, and water, innovations have impacted our daily lives.
Join us during Technology and Engineering Month presented by FINFROCK and discover the evolution and the modern-day achievements of technology and engineering. Engage in solving real-world challenges, learn about the various career opportunities within the industry, and build upon critical 21st-century skills such as creative problem-solving, collaboration, and communication. We have experiences highlighting technology and engineering for everyone this month!
Check out some of our workshops, films, and activities available:
- The Hive: A Makerspace located on Level 3 will feature engineering-themed workshops and visitors will have the opportunity to get hands-on with technologies
- Check out tech-themed activities such as computer games, droid building, Ozobot coding, and engineering-related videos during Tech Takeover
- KidsTown Studio will feature open make engineering activities for our earliest learners and their caregivers
- Special feature films in Dr. Phillips CineDome include Dream Big and Magic of Flight
- Live demonstrations and appearances from industry experts including EcoSPEARS
- and so much more!
Orlando Science Center relies on partnerships with industry experts to provide insight on how science, technology, engineering, and mathematics pushes the boundaries of possibilities. As a long time friend and corporate partner, FINFROCK helps us inspire the next generation of STEM professionals and industry leaders. With their commitment and generous support, we are able to bring pivotal technology and engineering learning to life.
For over 75 years, FINFROCK has been committed to revolutionizing the technological advancement of engineering design and manufacturing. FINFROCK handles the design, manufacturing, and building of hundreds of projects a year for clients throughout Florida and across the nation. To learn more about FINFROCK, visit their website at www.finfrock.com.