From ceremony to celebration, should you have a wedding coordinator to help you organize your special day?
Many couples wonder if they should have a wedding coordinator, and who will it be? That is the question!
Weddings seem simple enough, so why don’t you just do it yourself or ask your parents or friends to help coordinate on the day of your wedding? These are valid points and good questions.
The best answer we can give you is that an Event Coordinator will make it so whoever is helping you plan the wedding before, gets to be themselves on the day-of. They should be allowed to feel every emotion without having to rush and make the day run smoothly.
That’s where your OSC wedding coordinator will step in. It is different everywhere you go, but consider asking each venue what their onsite coordinators do for you.
At Orlando Science Center, our events team works closely with vendors, and have created relationships that make it easy to communicate and work together to ensure every detail of a wedding is covered. Venue coordinators are a great resource to bounce ideas off of, as they’ve likely seen what has and hasn’t worked in the past.
What can an OSC wedding coordinator do for you?
- Walk you through the space and talk through your diagrams and layouts to make sure your ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception are set up just the way you want
- Help move your guests from ceremony to cocktail hour, to reception
- Speaking of Reception! Event Coordinators can place any DIY decor and centerpieces for you, as well as do checks with all your vendors to make sure everyone has what they need for set-up and the room is perfect when doors open
- Conduct your wedding rehearsal and send everyone down the aisle on the big day
- Communicate and coordinate with all your vendors for details like timelines, load-in schedules, vendor needs, etc.
- Pack up at the end of the evening and send everything on it’s way with whoever the couple designates
- Be there for you every step of the way!
So, should you have a wedding coordinator? It’s easier to have a third party do these things on your big day. Coordinators are your representative and make sure what is important to you happens on that special day.
Whether it be placing a certain wine at your sweetheart table, putting out fires before you ever know something is off, or making sure you have your train bustled and boutonnieres pined, they are there for you!