August is Paleontology Month at Orlando Science Center and to celebrate, we're throwing a Prehistoric Party for your favorite dino pals! Join us on August 24 and 25 for Prehistoric Party Weekend, featuring a Cretaceous Carnival, DIY Fossil Necklaces, live shows & more dino-mite programming.
To memorialize the megafauna, we’re teaming up with the Florida Fossil Hunters, SKELETONS Museum, Florida Geological Survey and Imagine Our Florida. Demonstration tables from each group will be set up for you to take a closer look at fossils from Florida and around the world.
Looking for even more fossil-fueled fun to get ready for Prehistoric Party? Find out what dinosaurs roamed your state!
Prehistoric Party Programming:
- Prehistoric experiments in Dr. Dare's Lab! Use a model to figure out how big a stegosaurus was in real life in Dino Displacement, use prehistoric dirt to learn more about a T-Rex. in Soil Analysis, excavate chocolate chips from a cookie in I Dig Cookies, and prepare a Rubber Chicken for the Ancient Egyptian Afterlife in Mummify Fred!
- Make your own fossil necklace using wire wrapping techniques during the DIY Fossil Necklaces open makes in The Hive: A Makerspace presented by The Isaacs Family.
- Enjoy a Cretaceous Carnival with different stations like an excavating a triceratops skeleton, assemble a triceratops skeleton, play a board game that takes you through the fossilization process, create and name your own dinosaur, test your Jurrassic knowledge in trivia, and get a dino-mite photo op!
- Catch dino-mite live shows like Oh Say Can You Say Dinosaur, Dino Safari & learn about the science of fireworks in KaBOOM!
- Plus, explore Nickelodeon's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Secrets of the Sewer exhibit, presented by Nemours Children's Health System before it leaves on September 2!
Can’t make Prehistoric Party? All month long we’re celebrating dinosaurs with themed workshops in The Hive: A Makerspace, prehistoric experiments in Dr. Dare’s Lab and more. Click here to visit our calendar for dates and times.