Join us for a weekend of discovery!
Unleash your wild side and celebrate Great Outdoors Weekend with Orlando Science Center! Kick off your Spring Break on March 14 and 15 and discover all the fun you can have just by stepping outside. Meet some of Florida’s most astounding wildlife, and take part in awesome workshops. Learn about the amazing creatures in our own backyards during the movie, Backyard Wildnerness 3D, and discover one of the last wild places on Earth in our new giant-screen film, Great Bear Rainforest!
PLUS: back by popular demand – everyone’s favorite live show, Animal Inspired! Our Animal Ambassadors are the stars of this show, which will teach you about technology inspired by animal adaptations.
Here are just a few of the thrilling activities you can branch out with during Great Outdoors Weekend!
- Join us in Lockhaven Park for some fresh air and a scavenger hunt!
- Get your hands dirty and your thumbs green in Dr. Dare’s Lab with nature-themed science experiments.
- Pick up some survivor skills in The Hive: A Makerspace! Learn about knot-tying, cartography, nature sketching, and more!
- Journey to the Great Bear Rainforest in the Dr. Phillips CineDome to discover the extraordinary all-white spirit bears that were once thought to be a myth. Then, look closer to home with Backyard Wilderness 3D in the Digital Adventure Theater to discover the wonders of nature in our own backyards. View showtimes.
- Put your survivor skills to the test with pop-up STEM challenges Emergency Shelter Build and Conservation Catastrophe!
- Meet some of our local community partners who are dedicated to environment!