GAME JAM CONTEST:
Do you love game design or virtual reality? Have you ever wanted to help someone learn something using immersive technologies? Orlando Science Center is looking for Central Florida’s most creative game designers and developers to come together and show how art and technology meld together to create innovative interactive learning experiences.
Orlando Science Center is hosting its 6th Otronicon Game Jam, an event that challenges game designers to create a science center exhibit using the Oculus Go all-in-one-VR headset that helps its audience learn one concept. Participants can pick a science related topic “from Mars to Manatees.”
After just over 30 hours of creative design and implementation, Game Jam judges will pick a team whose work best showcases this objective. Each member of the winning team will receive their own Oculus Go headset.
Applicants must apply individually. Teams will be formed on-site.
- Game design students, hobbyists, and professionals are encouraged to apply.
- Experiences will be judged on various criteria including design idea, production level, and overall immersion.
- Orlando Science Center employees are not eligible to enter.
- All decisions of the Game Jam contest judges are final.
REGISTER TO BE A MEMBER OF THE OTRONICON GAME JAM
Space is limited and registrations will be accepted with a return email from jam organizers within 72 hours.
You can register for the jam through 12:00 p.m. (noon) on Tuesday, January 15, 2019.
For inquiries, please contact E2i@ist.ucf.edu.
GAME JAM RULES FOR ATTENDEES & EXHIBITORS:
- All participants must have an Orlando Science Center admission wristband visible at all times.
- Your likeness in photos and/or video may be used for Orlando Science Center marketing and other purposes.
- If your game design is deemed offensive by Orlando Science Center staff or its patrons, you may be disqualified from the competition. Orlando Science Center is a family-friendly building, so use your best judgment.
- This is a family-friendly event and small children will be present. To that end, there must be no nudity or excessive violence. Also, foul language in-game or during the jam will not be tolerated.
- All development will occur on premise of the Orlando Science Center during the jam.
- Electrical power connections and internet will be provided.