Otronicon Hosts Seven Orlando Startups
On the surface, Orlando may be known for its world-class theme parks, but to locals, especially at Orlando Science Center, the City Beautiful is so much more. From the University of Central Florida offering top-notch programs to more than 60,000 students to our reputation as the Modeling, Simulation and Training capital of the world — Orlando is growing into a major hub for science, technology, engineering, art, and math careers.
For this and many other reasons, Orlando Science Center hosts Otronicon, an interactive tech expo to inspire interest in science, technology, engineering, art, and math. Otronicon supports our community through unprecedented access to cutting-edge technology while also promoting the innovation happening right in our own backyard. This year, Otronicon is introducing the O-Tech Startup Showcase, which highlights Orlando entrepreneurs to inspire tomorrow’s tech visionaries to see the potential for opportunity right here in our own hometown.
According to the Orlando Economic Partnership, Orlando is a top location for entrepreneurs. They state that Orlando “is home to unique resources such as the National Entrepreneur Center (one of only two such centers in the nation), the University of Central Florida Business Incubation Program (ranked as one of the top incubators in the nation) and Rollins College Center for Advanced Entrepreneurship, that help keep this community among top locations for innovative companies and entrepreneurs."
Here’s what you can expect from these seven Orlando based startups during Otronicon, January 18 – 21, 2019! Please note that some of these exhibitors may only be present on select days.
- Archer First Response Systems – Learn how Archer First Response Systems is enabling the immediate deployment of drones to save victim's lives from sudden cardiac death, opioid overdose, fatal anaphylactic reactions, and other time-sensitive, life-threatening emergencies.
- Beyond 360 Media – At Beyond 360’s GO BEYOND exhibit, put on a headset and become immersed in a live interactive moment, and watch as life unfolds around you. Beyond 360 specializes in 360° video live streaming.
- Fluix Engineering – This Orlando startup provides cooling solutions for users who operate high-computational workflows. All-in-one one liquid cooled form factors that are easy to set up and maintain. Get back to your rendering, mining, and hosting. Let Fluix handle the heat!
- Launchable LLC– Launchable is a mobile app development company that creates an Augmented Reality (AR) experience. Launchable began with a focus on edtech, using their technology to digitize a book’s story.
- Leap With Alice, LLC – This startup is eliminating detrimental restrictions that have plagued educators and students. Leap With Alice leverages augmented reality, blockchain technology, and machine learning to create an educational ecosystem that incentivizes learning.
- Limbitless Solutions – Devoted to building a generation of innovators who use their skills and passion to improve the world around them. This nonprofit uses additive manufacturing to advance personalized bionics and solutions for disabilities. They believe that no family should have to pay for their child to receive an arm.
- Readality LLC – Readality provides an educational experience through an interactive AR app for children who are not interested in traditional reading. By implementing AR, they turn physical books that users would find in the real world into a 3D immersive adventure.
- Theory Studios – Theory Studios is an Emmy-nominated storytelling company. They have worked with Sesame Street, Chuck E. Cheese's, HBO and plenty more creating animated CGI experiences. Visit their booth at Otronicon and experience imaginary characters coming to life using AR!
Admission: Otronicon is free for OSC members, $20.95 for adults, $18.95 for seniors and students, and $14.95 for youth (ages 3-11). Click here to purchase tickets.
Otronicon Hours: 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. daily.
Science Night Live Featuring Otronicon: Taking place on Saturday, January 19 from 8:00 p.m. to 11:30 p.m., SNL is a 21-and-up event, and requires a separate ticket. Click here to purchase SNL tickets.
For more information, please call 407.514.2000 or visit the Otronicon website.