By the end of the initiative, educators will:
- Have a better understanding of STEM.
- Understand and engage their children in engineering and the scientific inquiry process.
- Be more comfortable with STEM.
- Be able to apply STEM concepts in their own classroom.
- Receive tips to engage families and caregivers in STEM learning.
- Develop 21st Century skills in their children.
- Have fun!
Educators will receive:
- $100 stipend for completing all Initiative requirements.
- 24 hours of virtual professional development
with an accompanying certificate.
- Hands-on STEM activities with an
accompanying materials kit valued at $200.
- One virtual classroom workshop from
Orlando Science Center educators to
engage your learners in STEM
- One Family Engagement Experience to
engage families in STEM learning.
- Six hours of virtual technical assistance from Orlando Science Center to assist in applying STEM concepts in the classroom.