The Science Center is excited to offer an enriching afterschool club held on location at your school!
Each nine-week quarter, students in Kindergarten through Grade 5 will engage in a variety of hands-on STEM activities. These STEM activities will be interdisciplinary, allowing students to explore multiple subjects (including art, math, and language arts), while building 21st Century skills, such as collaboration, creativity, and critical thinking.
Students will be introduced to a variety of careers and practice solving real-world problems using tools like the Engineering Design Process. As the next generation of innovators, students will learn about what their futures may hold through exploration and experimentation of numerous technologies and subjects.
OSC Afterschool Club is currently available at the following schools 2 days per week:
- Audubon Park K-8
- Baldwin Park Elementary
- Hillcrest Elementary
- Second Quarter: October 15 – December 28, 2018
- Third Quarter: January 7 – March 8, 2019
- Fourth Quarter: March 25 – May 24, 2019
Projects may include:
- Designing and creating a zoo that a robot tour guide is programmed to navigate through.
- Dreaming big to storyboard a movie before bringing it to life using a variety of software.
- Working as aerospace engineers to design rockets suitable for space flight.
- Becoming a master physicist who can help to design and conquer Angry Birds challenges in real life.
- Experiencing the revolutionary power of 3D printers before using a 3doodler to create a masterpiece of their own imagination.
Join us for a hands-on STEM enrichment!
Fees Per 9 Week Session
OSC Members – $325
General Public – $375
$10 one time registration fee applies.