By the end of the initiative, educators will:
- Have a better understanding of STEM.
- Understand and engage their children in engineering and the scientific inquiry process.
- Be more comfortable with STEM.
- Be able to apply STEM concepts in their own classroom.
- Receive tips to engage families and caregivers in STEM learning.
- Develop 21st Century skills in their children.
- Have fun!
Educators will receive:
- 24 training hours with an accompanying certificate.
- Hands-on STEM activities with $200 materials kit.
- One in-classroom workshop.
- One Family Engagement Event at your location.
- Six hours of technical assistance from Orlando Science Center.
- $100 stipend for completing all Initiative requirements.
- An experience valued at $2,000.
To be eligible for this exciting year-long initiative, participants must commit to participating in the following during the program year:
- Six (6) 4-hour Training Sessions
- Four (4) Journal Assignment
- Three (3) Student STEM Skill Assessments
- One (1) Teacher STEM Instructional Video
- One (1) STEM Family Science Night
Interested in receiving more information about Ignite Discovery?
We’ll be hosting a webinar!
Click the button below to sign up to receive updates about the webinar and the Ignite Discovery Initiative.