22 February 2013
Posted in Corrosion: The Silent Menace
Did you know that a large number of America’s bridges are aged 50 years or older and suffering from corrosion. This quiet attack on our nation’s infrastructure effects more than just our transportation.
For example, the 2006 Alaskan oil spill that let thousands of barrels of oil escape into the Pacific Ocean was caused by a dime-size leak. That leak was a product of corrosion that had affected more than 100 miles of pipeline.
Although these types of disasters may seem like freak accidents, the dangers of corrosion present a real threat in our day-to-day lives.
- Beauty is in the “Phi” of the Beholder
- Turning Gaming Superheroes into Everyday Superheroes
- Member Monday, February Photos
- Educational Workshops at 24th Annual ZORA! Festival Photos
- Legos Help Build the Next Generation of Engineers
- Inspiring the Next Generation of Aviators and Technologists
- Member Monday, January Photos