14 March 2013
Posted in Corrosion: The Silent Menace
“An essential element in developing improved corrosion control and management practices throughout the national infrastructure is better education of the nation's engineers.” - Committee of Assessing Corrosion Education of the National Research Council (2009).
The corrosion crisis in America is growing faster than we can fix it. Corrosion endangers our nation’s safety and economy, causing broken infrastructure, oil leaks and even one-half of power outages. More than one-fourth of the bridges in the country are structurally deficient due to corrosion.
- Members-Only Event: Bad Guy Breakfast Photos
- 2013 Kinetic Challenge Photos
- The Corrosion Crisis
- Orlando Science Center Wins USGBC Central Florida 2012 LEED EBOM Project of the Year
- Cupid’s Chemicals: The Science Behind Falling in Love
- Beauty is in the “Phi” of the Beholder
- Turning Gaming Superheroes into Everyday Superheroes