18 March 2013
Posted in Corrosion: The Silent Menace
On Saturday, March 16, Orlando Science Center, the U.S. Department of Defense and other partners unveiled “Corrosion: The Silent Menace” during a VIP ceremony. In attendance were special guests LeVar Burton (“Star Trek: The Next Generation” and “Reading Rainbow”) and Rep. Daniel Webster (R-FL).
Presented by the U.S. Department of Defense Corrosion Policy and Oversight Office, this exhibit examines the natural phenomena that lead to corrosion and material degradation and intends to inspire the next generation of infrastructure preservationists.
The exhibit will be on display at Orlando Science Center through spring 2014.
- The World’s Largest Corrosion Conference is Coming to Orlando!
- Honoring Henry Kubik: Orlando Science Center Visionary
- Dr. Seuss 100th Birthday Celebration Photos
- PR: Orlando Science Center and National Geographic Partner on New Digital Theater
- Are we Living in Danger of Corrosion?
- 2013 Inspire Science Breakfast Photos
- Members-Only Event: Bad Guy Breakfast Photos