11 October 2011
Posted in Greenovations
Looking for ways to save a few dollars and help the earth? Give these low effort, high impact ideas a try...
- Turn the heating thermostat down by just one degree and save up to 10% of your overall electricity bill!
- Fridges and freezers account for up to 33% of the electricity bill. Ensure that the metal grids and coils at the back have enough space for air to circulate, and pay less!
- Turn off the lights! Turning lights off when you are out of the room saves power and, contrary to popular belief, does not shorten the life of a light bulb.
- Minimize use of tumble dryers. They use 40% of the power on stand- by so drip dry when you can.
- Your television could be wasting energy right now. If it is in standby or instant-on mode, you’re using up to a third of the power it uses when it’s actually on.
These tips just go to show that little steps make a big difference! For more great tips, as well as a fun day of activities, demonstrations, films and more, join us at Greenovations!
Image courtesy of Microsoft