16 April 2010
Posted in Dr. Ying Competition
In 2009, Collin McAliley from Cocoa Beach Junior/Senior High School and James Brandenburg from Cocoa High School shared top honors at the 11th Annual Dr. Nelson Ying Student Science Competition at the Orlando Science Center.
Typically, the grand prize will only go to one winner, but competition founder Dr. Nelson Ying and the judges panel felt both students were worthy of acclaim. The remaining three finalists all received $1,000 fellowships to continue their research over the next year. Rather than split the grand prize into two, Ying awarded James and Collin equal cash prizes of $5,000 each.
- PR: Walmart Foundation Helps Offer $5 Admission for Everyone!
- PR: Experience the Wild Side of Chocolate
- Meet Melanie Turner
- PR: Who’s the “Best” in Central Florida?
- PR: Kids Turn Trash Into Scientific Treasure
- PR: The Festival of Chocolate Stimulates the Mind As Well as the Tastebuds
- PR: Discovering Dinosaurs at Fossil Fest 4