17 June 2010
Posted in Green Building Project
Celebrating the Science of Sustainability
Orlando Science Center Unveiled New Energy-Efficient HVAC, Solar Panels and Announced Major Lighting Retrofit
The Orlando Science Center unveiled its state-of-the-art eco-friendly HVAC system and solar panel array and launched its plan for a major lighting retrofit on June 16, 2010. These efforts are part of the Science Center’s dedication to increase energy efficiency, decrease operational costs and help serve as a community leader demonstrating the use of sustainable technologies.
This event announces the completion of the organization’s first steps towards attaining the U.S. Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification for its facility. Many partners contributed to the success of this effort, including the City of Orlando, Orange County, the Orange County Arts and Cultural Affairs Council, Irvine Mechanical, OUC the Reliable One, the Darden Restaurant Foundation and Azur Solar USA.
- Ying Scholar Spotlight: 2009 Winners
- Ying Scholar Spotlight: 2008 Winner
- Ying Scholar Spotlight: 2007 Winner
- Ying Scholar Spotlight: 2006 Winners
- Ying Scholar Spotlight: 2005 Winners
- PR: aRE yOU READY FOR THE Rise of the MacHines?
- PR: 27th Annual Cosmic Golf Challenge Benefits Orlando Science Center