14 March 2013
Posted in Corrosion: The Silent Menace
“An essential element in developing improved corrosion control and management practices throughout the national infrastructure is better education of the nation's engineers.” - Committee of Assessing Corrosion Education of the National Research Council (2009).
The corrosion crisis in America is growing faster than we can fix it. Corrosion endangers our nation’s safety and economy, causing broken infrastructure, oil leaks and even one-half of power outages. More than one-fourth of the bridges in the country are structurally deficient due to corrosion.
- National Geographic Partnership Launch and Meerkats 3D Premiere Photos
- Dr. Seuss 100th Birthday Celebration Photos
- PR: Orlando Science Center and National Geographic Partner on New Digital Theater
- Are we Living in Danger of Corrosion?
- 2013 Inspire Science Breakfast Photos
- Members-Only Event: Bad Guy Breakfast Photos
- 2013 Kinetic Challenge Photos