18 March 2013
Posted in Corrosion: The Silent Menace
If you've been following our weekly installments about “Corrosion: The Silent Menace,” you already know that corrosion is a serious issue in the U.S. America’s infrastructure gets a report card every year, and its current grade is a D!
This problem is met with dire consequences. The corrosion that is attacking America’s infrastructure is causing more than 25 percent of our bridges to fail. 800,000 corroded water pipes are ready to burst, and these rusty pipes are leaking seven billion gallons of drinking water every day! Sadly, these issues aren't even the half of it.
- Are we Living in Danger of Corrosion?
- 2013 Inspire Science Breakfast Photos
- Members-Only Event: Bad Guy Breakfast Photos
- The Corrosion Crisis
- Orlando Science Center Wins USGBC Central Florida 2012 LEED EBOM Project of the Year
- Cupid’s Chemicals: The Science Behind Falling in Love
- Beauty is in the “Phi” of the Beholder