14 July 2014
Posted in Press and Media
Local Community Cheers Orlando Science Center and Orlando Chamber of Commerce for its Commitment to Youth and Entrepreneurship
Program Launches this Fall at Orlando Science Center
ORLANDO, Fla. (July 11, 2014) — The Young Entrepreneurs Academy (YEA!), Orlando Science Center and Orlando Inc. (Orlando Chamber of Commerce) announce plans to launch the YEA! program this fall.
YEA! is a groundbreaking educational program that takes students in grades six through 12 through the process of starting and running a real business. Students work closely with local business leaders to cultivate and research business ideas, write a business plan, pitch their plan to a panel of investors (think "Shark Tank" meets "The Apprentice" meets "American Idol"), obtain funding, develop their brand, participate in a trade show at the end of the year, and actually launch their enterprise. Through the YEA! program, kids 11 to 18 years old start as students and graduate as CEOs. They learn to make a job — not just take a job.
- PR: Spend Your Summer Nights at Orlando Science Center
- Science Night Live 06-07-2014 Photos
- Walmart $5 Day 06-01-2014 Photos
- Musical Guest "TWITCHY" to Perform at Science Night Live
- EiE Workshop — Catching Wind: Designing Windmills 05-23-2014 Photos
- Class of 2013-2014 Preschool Graduation Photos & Video
- Member Monday: May 2014 Photos