04 March 2011
Posted in KidsTown
Take the time to learn about the letter B while making this simple Mardi Gras mask. This will certainly show the little ones in your family that learning can be fun. The letter B is the perfect shape to make a mask so why not take this time to teach them the importance of knowing their letters and sounds. Your family will be ready for Mardi Gras in no time; with great fashion and originality when you are done with this craft.
- Construction paper or colored printable card stock
- Craft stick or drinking straw
- Scotch tape
- Curly ribbons
- Safety Scissors
- Make alphabet letters on your mask with any of these:
- Alphabet stickers/stamps,or draw letters with crayons
- Draw the letter "B" on construction paper. Make sure the size is just right for you to wear it as a mask. You may also opt to print out this template on colored card stock instead.
- Cut the letter "B". You may need an adult's help in cutting out the eyeholes.
- Decorate the front side of the mask with alphabet letters. Stick alphabet stickers, use alphabet stamps or write the letters using crayons.
- Tape a craft stick or a drinking straw at the back to make the handle.
- Tape feathers and/or curly ribbons at the back as well. Click here on how to make your own curly ribbons.
Your mask is now ready to wear!