18 March 2013
Posted in Corrosion: The Silent Menace
If you've been following our weekly installments about “Corrosion: The Silent Menace,” you already know that corrosion is a serious issue in the U.S. America’s infrastructure gets a report card every year, and its current grade is a D!
This problem is met with dire consequences. The corrosion that is attacking America’s infrastructure is causing more than 25 percent of our bridges to fail. 800,000 corroded water pipes are ready to burst, and these rusty pipes are leaking seven billion gallons of drinking water every day! Sadly, these issues aren't even the half of it.
- The World’s Largest Corrosion Conference is Coming to Orlando!
- Honoring Henry Kubik: Orlando Science Center Visionary
- Dr. Seuss 100th Birthday Celebration Photos
- PR: Orlando Science Center and National Geographic Partner on New Digital Theater
- Are we Living in Danger of Corrosion?
- 2013 Inspire Science Breakfast Photos
- Members-Only Event: Bad Guy Breakfast Photos