23 December 2013
Posted in Offsite Programs
These photos are from a workshop held at Lake Como Elementary School as part of the OUC AWESOME Project. Students worked in teams to design and build green roofs. In order for their green roof to be deemed a success, they had to lower the internal temperature of the apartment building, ensure it was leak-free and gather some of the rainfall into a cistern. Students worked within a budget to buy the materials for their creation.
The OUC AWESOME Project is a five-year initiative that is a partnership between Orlando Utilities Commission and Orlando Science Center. This initiative allows the Science Center to reach every fifth grader in OUC’s service territory with messages surrounding water efficiency and renewable energies. This year, the Science Center upgraded the program to incorporate STEM and 21st-century learning skills.
- Red Tails Monument Dedication Ceremony Photos 11-11-2013
- Tenth Annual Spooktacular Science Extravaganza Photos 10-27-2013
- Microsoft Store Grand Opening at Mall at Millenia 10-22-2013
- Member Monday: October 2013 Photos
- PR: Fall into a Day of Discovery with Walmart $5 Day
- Engineering is Elementary Training: Stick in the Mud Photos
- Spotlight: Doug Rhodehamel, Resident Orlando Science Center Artist