27 November 2009|
What information do we collect online? How do we use it?If you are 12 years of age or younger, we do not want your personal information. Please do not submit any personal information to us. If you are 12 years of age or younger and want to register online for one of our camp classes, the online registration must be completed for you by an adult (parent, guardian, etc.) who will give us your personal information; we cannot collect personal information directly from those 12 years of age or younger.
For visitors 13 years of age and older:
- When you enter a contest or other promotional feature, we may ask for your name, address, and email address so we can administer the contest and notify winners.
- If you have given us express permission to do so we may also use the information we collect to occasionally notify you about important additions or changes to the Orlando Science Center, or the Website, new services, and special offers we think you'll find valuable.
- If you register online for a camp/class, we may need to know (when relevant) your name, email address, mailing address, daytime and evening telephone numbers, credit card number and expiration date, gender, birth date, school grade, and any special needs that you might have when visiting our center. This allows us to process and fulfill your reservation or registration.
- If you express interest in receiving email news updates or mobile news updates from us, we may ask for your name, address, email address and cell phone number so we can distribute the news updates to you.
- If you use one of our email information services to email us a question or comment about science or the Orlando Science Center, you are providing us with your email address, which we will use to respond to your inquiry.
Do you use "cookies"?"Cookies" are little pieces of data that are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive. These cookies are temporary and are eliminated with each browser session. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser to prevent that. Without cookies you can use most of the features on this site.
Will the collected information be disclosed to outside parties?We want to be very clear: We do not obtain personal information about you other than that which you choose to provide, and we will not sell, rent, trade or otherwise disclose the personal information you provide to anyone outside ofthe Orlando Science Center, except that we will share the personal information you provide us with other third parties in those specific instances where you have expressly agreed for us to do so.
Please check back periodically for any changes we may make to the policy. Your continued use of this site following the posting of changes to these terms will mean you accept these changes.
This policy was last updated on December 20, 2012.
Thank you for visiting our site.