05 December 2012
Posted in Holiday Workshops
To get you ready for Santa’s Christmas Workshops, check out this holiday-themed activity you can make at home with your little one!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup salt
- 2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. ground cloves
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp. orange extract (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Mix in the water, oil and orange extract and stir until a thick batter is formed.
- Cook the mixture over low/medium heat until a thick dough forms.
- Turn out onto parchment paper and knead until smooth.
Makes about 2 cups of dough.