08 September 2014
Posted in Maker Faire Orlando
Maker Faire Orlando Celebrates Innovation, Invention and DIY Spirit in Central Florida
Family-Friendly Event Is Part-Science Fair, Part-County Fair and Part-Something Entirely New
ORLANDO, Fla. (Sept. 8, 2014) — The ultimate form of show and tell, Orlando Science Center hosts the third annual Maker Faire Orlando (formerly Orlando Mini Maker Faire) on Sept. 13–14, 2014. This community-based learning event aims to inspire the public through do-it-yourself science, technology and art; hands-on workshops; panels; and more. This year’s event is bigger than ever before with more Makers, crazier creations and not one but two whole days to experience it! Maker Faire Orlando takes place on every floor of the Science Center as well as outside in Loch Haven Park.
The 2014 event features more than 200 one-of-a- kind projects from local Makers. Makers are DIY-enthusiasts who demonstrate their creativity and knowledge through personal creations. Makers come from all ages and backgrounds, ranging from techies to crafters to scientists to garage tinkerers. Each shares a common passion for innovation and creativity, as well as an educational spirit to inspire and encourage new Makers.
- Member Monday: July 2014 Photos
- PR: Orlando Science Center & Orlando, Inc. Launch Young Entrepreneurship Academy this Fall
- 4th of July Member Celebration 2014 Photos
- Member Monday: June 2014 Photos
- PR: Orlando Mini Maker Faire is Now Maker Faire Orlando
- PR: Spend Your Summer Nights at Orlando Science Center
- Walmart $5 Day 06-01-2014 Photos