22 April 2012
Posted in Earth Day
The Florida Conservation Alliance is a nonpartisan, non-profit organization that works to protect, conserve and restore Florida’s natural environment through citizen education and action. The organization’s mission is to make sensible conservation policies a top priority for elected officials, political candidates, and voters across the state. They accomplish this by educating legislators on pro-conservation issues and legislation, as well as supporting candidates that share their goals.
The organization’s priorities when it comes to water conservation are in line include funding the Florida Forever program and reaffirming Florida’s commitment to restore the Everglades. In addition, they support:
- Making sure there is adequate funding for Florida’s regional water management districts to provide for water quality protection, adequate water supplies, flood protection, and natural resources protection.
- Managing Florida’s water resources at the regional, not state level.
- Ensuring that growth management laws and policies support sustainable use of water.
- Promoting efficient use and conservation of water.
- Opposing efforts to privatize Florida’s water.
To find out more about this organization, please visit their web site.
Publishing this article does not represent an endoresement of the organization. It is for informational purposes only.