11 November 2013
Posted in Red Tail Pilots Monument
On Veterans Day, Orlando Science Center, Vision of Flight and the City of Orlando dedicated the first monument in the nation to honor the Red Tail pilots of the Tuskegee Airmen.
The monument celebrates the past and inspires the future. The Red Tail pilots battled adversity and prejudice and demonstrated that all things are possible.
Photo Credit: Roberto Gonzalez
Photo Credit: RF Photography
The event was attended by
- Half a dozen Red Tail pilots and their families
- Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer
- Congressman John Mica
- Orlando City Commissioners Robert Stuart, Samuel Ings, Tony Ortiz
- Orange County Property Appraiser Rick Singh
- Orange County Public School Board Members Joie Cadle and Pam Gould
- Joe Adams, representing Senator Marco Rubio
- Frank DeToma, representing Senator Bill Nelson
- Cindy Adams, representing Congressman Daniel Webster
- Stella Lewis, representing Orange County Commissioner Tiffany Moore Russell
- Former state representative Allen Trovillion
Orlando Science Center and its community salute all of the men and women who have served in the U.S. armed forces.
Happy Veterans Day!